New homes in Virginia Beach come in all sizes and shapes. Whether ranch, 2 story, contemporary, traditional, modern, or whatever you can find property to meet your expectations. But to make life simpler, just use the advanced search for Virginia Beach New Homes which updates daily with the newest properties.
Right now, there are over 260 new homes listings in the multiple listing service ranging in price from the high $100,000's to over two million dollars.
Virginia Beach New Homes
Some key points you should consider before buying a new home:
- Get pre-approved. Have your financial "ducks in a row" before beginning to talk with builders or their site agents. Know what the new home is going to cost you when insurance, taxes, HOA dues, etc., are factored into the whole picture. Is the builder giving you any Closing Costs Assistance?
- Get a Buyer's Agent. Why? The Buyer's Agent is your personal representative for all facets of the new home building. The builder's agent represents the builder and not you. They have "goals or quotas" they are trying to meet. Always have the Buyer's Agent (Me) accompany you when visiting Virginia Beach New Homes sites. It costs you nothing.
- Know your "wants and "needs" when thinking about a new home. Maybe you put off something to the future to keep costs down. Example: installing tile or a wood floor later.
- Location, location, location. The saying never goes away. Always buy with resale in mind. Are you ok with a cookie-cutter home or prefer something more unique? Research the neighborhood, talk to home owners, see if the commute to work fits your desires.
- Builders: For the most part we have very good builders in Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. Plenty of references are available and you can also visit the Tidewater Builders Association website to learn more and ask your agent.
- Schools: Are you buying a new home to be in a certain Virginia Beach school district? If so, visit the city's school site and ask about any future zoning changes.
- Auxiliary building fund: Ensure you have some extra dollars available during the building process. Undoubtedly you might see an upgrade or building change you may desire but costs more money. Be prepared - it will most likely happen.
While the above is not inclusive of everything you need it is a start. Having been a buyer's agent for many high-end new construction homes I am ready to help you with your new dream home. Contact me here please.