All Coastal Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads residents (or soon-to-be) who have a dog rejoice! Long gone are the days where you have to leave your pup behind when heading out for a day of activities. Recently, local craft breweries and various restaurants in Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads are now dog friendly and that’s something to celebrate about.
Dog owners who are in the housing market relentlessly hunt for dog friendly neighborhoods throughout Virginia, but now those days have come to an end. Check out some of the great dog-friendly breweries and restaurants along the coast
If you are looking for a Virginia Beach condo or deciding on another type of home in the area, here are a few dog friendly bars worth checking out:
- Back Bay Brewing. The craft brewery, established in 1938, is known for a variety of things including like their red ale and their beach-rustic tasting room. They have now become a dog-friendly area in Virginia Beach making it a perfect place to relax with your pooch.
- Green Flash Brewery. Celebrating one year now in Virginia Beach, this brewery serves the local economy and East Coast. The tasting room and beer garden serve up to 30 beers on state of the art taps featuring Green Flash favorite front line beers as well as seasonal, rare, and special releases. Bring the furry friends and step out to the expansive beer garden to enjoy a bite from a local food truck and unwind. Enjoy!
- Wasserhund Brewing Company. The brewing company, which translates to ‘water dog’ in German, was conceptualized from the love of beaches, dogs, and German beer. They brew high quality ales and lagers in an atmosphere that both you and your dog can enjoy.
- Bruster's Real Ice Cream. If you’re looking for a refreshing treat on a hot day, head over to Bruster’s, a renowned ice cream in Virginia Beach. The best part about this sweet parlor, Bruster’s is a dog-friendly location and welcomes pups with open arms.
- Tubby's tavern. This casual American tavern is a pub-style establishment known for their $3.00 Thursdays. If you’re looking for a great atmosphere but don’t want to leave your dog behind, head over to Tubby’s and enjoy this dog-friendly environment.
Similar to Virginia Beach, there are a plethora of bars and breweries around the Hampton Roads Real Estate that will allow your furry friend. Here are a few dog-friendly places in the area.
· The Point at Phoebus. This farm to table concept in Hampton is known for their fresh produce, quality flavor, and their policy on pups. If you’re looking for a healthy bite and a great dining experience where you can bring your dog, head on over.
· Heaven’s Pizza & Tap House. This quaint venue has an impressive pizza menu and rotating beer selection that attracts customers from all over the area. The place has a front patio where you can bring your pooch to relax and enjoy the ambiance.
Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads seem ideal to any dog owner, but is it affordable for you? Use a mortgage rate calculator to estimate your payments on a home in either area to decide if these two cities are affordable. Using a mortgage calculator not only allows you to forecast what you would be spending on a monthly mortgage, but it also informs you on a variety of loan options that you could consider when searching or a home for you and your pup.
Need expertise and no-nonsense advice about homes, condos, or town homes in Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads? Drop me a line or call me the old fashioned way.